Looking for a fun non-scary alternative to a traditional Halloween event for the family? How about a Halloween Hike at The Chattahoochee Nature Center? This unique Halloween adventure offers a well-lit trail hike through the forest all while educating the kiddies on woodland creatures they will meet along the way!
Halloween Hikes are Fridays & Saturdays October 19, 20, 26, 27. All ages are welcome! $8 per person (children 2 and under free) Hikes begin at 7:00 PM and run continuously throughout the evening. Tickets are on sale now!
Halloween Hikers will experience:
- Experience the mystery of a guided night hike! Each group of 25 people will have a guide lead them safely on a lighted trail where memories are made. This is a magical experience for kids of all ages.
- Meet nature-costumed characters including everyone’s favorites, the Box Turtle and the Opossum during your ~45-minute hike
And So Much MORE!
- Create fun crafts in our gym such paper chain snakes, pipe cleaner spiders, pine cone owls, and more!
- Show off your Halloween spirit by having your face painted with one of our “wild” Halloween designs.
- Visit with some of CNC’s non-releasable wildlife in our Discovery Center, on the Green Roof, and in our outdoor pavilion
- Explore the Discovery Center and take home a fun nature souvenir
- Purchase a cup of coffee or hot cocoa or enjoy some popcorn and cookies! All proceeds support CNC's (cash only for purchases)
- Enjoy the bonfire as you play along with world music provided by Scott Douglas
Planning Your Evening
- Ticket sales begin at 6:30p each night and end at 9:00p
- Tickets may be purchased at the Visitors Services Desk at the CNC's Monday – Saturday from 10am – 5pm and Sunday from 12pm – 5pm.
- Hikes begin at 7 PM and run continuously. You will receive an approximate time that you will meet for your hike on your ticket.
- Activities begin at 7 PM and will run throughout the evening.
- Please note that there is not an ATM on site.
- Please note that pets are not allowed on the CNC grounds.
- Trails are not suitable for strollers.
- PLEASE CARPOOL! Parking is available in the CNC parking lot. Space is limited so please help us and the earth by carpooling!
- In the event of rain the event may take place indoors on a rotating schedule subject to change.
Halloween Hike is #where2go